Loss of data is a nightmare for businesses as it can be disastrous to lose important information and documents that are extremely valuable. Most companies face the issue of data loss due to negligence as they focus on the matter at the 11th hour. However, all successful companies have their own strategies for data backup and recovery. These strategies work for every type and size of business. Plenty of stuff regarding the company accounts, customer details, and other sensitive information is there, which is pretty important.
Top 5 effective data backup and recovery strategies for your business:
Here are the top 5 effective ways of data backup and recovery, which are used by various successful companies around the globe. Let us learn from their effective planning.
- Strategize data back up at the earliest- As said, most companies suffer as they focus on the issue when it’s too late. You must take protective steps to ensure data security from the outset. Data backup planning should be an integral part of the system. Allow first-hand planning for constructing data backup strategies, which will facilitate the data backup team to build a fail-proof backup and recovery strategy.
- Reviewing of regular data logs- To ensure smooth functioning, it is important for a business to check the data backup application. Well, looking for backup error is the key to success. Even though it can be a time taking process, a company that practices this regularly can be in safe hands. It can be challenging to keep a tap on loopholes; therefore, you need a data backup expert to detect, analyze, and troubleshoot any upcoming issue with data backup.
- 3-2-1 rule for backup- To ensure maximum data security and backup, a company must follow the 3-2-1 rule. It means three copies of the same data should be secured on at least two different media. And then, one copy should be stored off-site, which may include storing data on the cloud or in the form of tape backup. This will ensure data protection and backup even when threatened by malware.
- Frequent backup testing- Testing is the key to know how strong the data backup system is working. It is important to test the data backup system at regular intervals to understand the loopholes in the system. But it is indeed important to keep the business aware of when you are testing the backup.
- Ensure proper security for data backup- Backup security is as important as primary data security. When you plan to back up your data in the cloud, the data must travel as encrypted. Data storage vendors provide such encryption facilities that keep your data safe while traveling to its final destination. It is important to keep your applications patched and updated. Remember, any data which does not cover these parameters are vulnerable to cyber-attack.
The above-mentioned points can result in efficient data backup strategies. However, it can be challenging to perform the task easily as it will take expertise, infrastructure, expenditure, staff competency, reporting, and measurement capabilities.